Google search is really a fun! Actually people think that Google’s popularity is because of its simple and fast searching interface but friends, its more popular because it has rich operators and query support that will make your searching experience even better. Most of us doesn’t know which operators are supported by Google and if they know some of them, they don’t know how actually these operators work and enrich our searching practice. Today, i will tell you How we can search on Google like elite hackers or simply say computer experts do. But for this its necessary that you should know and understand all the Google operators properly. So lets learn how we can enrich our searching experience in Google.
Google operators are classified into two basic categories:
1. Basic Google Operators like and, or, not etc.
2. Advanced google operators like inurl, intitle etc.
I am also including bonus search queries that are extremely useful for hackers.
Basic Google Operators for Google search
1) And (+) :- This operator is used to include multiple terms in a query which is to be searched in google.
example:- if we type “hacker+yahoo+science” in google search box and click search, it will reveal the results something which are related to all the three words simultaneously i.e. hacker, yahoo and science.
2 ) OR (|) :- The OR operator, represented by symbol( | ) or simply the word OR in uppercase letters, instructs google to locate either one term or another term in a query.
3) NOT :- It is opposite of AND operator, a NOT operator excludes a word from search.
example:- If we want to search websites containing the terms google and hacking but not security then we enter the query like “google+hacking” NOT “security”.
1) Intitle :- This operator searches within the title tags.
Description:- intitle:hacking returns all pages that have the string “hacking” in their title.
intitle:”index of” returns all pages that have string “index of” in their title.
Similar operator:- “allintitle”.
2) Inurl :- Returns all matches, where url of the pages contains given word.
Description:- inurl:admin returns all matches, where url of searched pages must contains the word “admin”.
Companion operator:- “allinurl”.
Description : It will search results only from given domain. Can be used to carry out information gathering on specific domain.
example:- site:www.microsoft.com will find results only from the domain www.microsoft.com
4) Link :- This operator allows you to search for pages that links to given website.
Here, each of the searched result contains asp links to www.microsoft.com
5) Info :- This operator shows summary information for a site and provides links to other google searches that might pertain to that site.
6) Define :- This operator shows definition for any term.
It gives various definitions for the word “security” in different manner from all over the world.
7) Filetype :- This operator allows us to search specific files on the internet. The supported file types can be pdf, xls, ppt, doc, txt, asp, swf, rtf, etc.
Example:- If you want to search for all text documents presented on domain www.microsoft.com then we enter the query something like following.